18 June 2010 – Day 8
First day yesterday when I didn’t watch any of the games “live” and instead settled on catching up on the three fixtures through highlights on the internet. From what I saw I’m left with the following conclusions:
- Argentina look great going forward, but are not so clever at the back.
- Higuian’s hat-trick was a lesson in the art of goal-poaching. All three within the six yard box.
- This World Cup is racking up the goalkeeping gaffs and sending-offs aren’t too far behind.
- Complete madness from Nigeria as they self destruct and had Greece three points.
- What goes around, comes around. They’ll be dancing in the streets of Dublin, as the French look simply inept against the lively Mexicans.
There, who needs to sit through 270 minutes of football………..
And then it dawns on me, England kick-off in about 10 hours. Wouldn’t it be great if we believed that England will command the game from start to finish and come away with a highly efficient 2-0 win. However, we just know it’s not going to be like that. Another nervy 90 minutes looms……not gloomy, just realistic.